Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here we go!

I wanted to start a fun blog that I can post stuff about my quilts on. I love to quilt and although I'm still a beginner I have many quilts already planned. I prefer to piece quilts and to machine quilt them although I have done a number of quilts with just a single piece front and single piece back out of fleece that I machine quilted and they turned out really cute as well. I recently completed a circle quilt for a friend's baby and was really happy with the finished product. She loves it and told me that she uses it all the time. That absolutely thrills me because I want my quilts to be loved and used. So, here are some pictures of the recent quilt!
The picture of the words didn't come out well...but it says:
Burke's Blue Bubble Blankie
Sewn with stitches and
Blessed with Love
Kelly Johnson 2008



If you're a quilter send me some pictures or thoughts or whatever!

3 comments:

Tisha said...

So CUTE!! I love it! I expect one next time I'm expecting ;)

KellyLady said...

Absolutely!

Tisha said...

Hey, I have 3 quilt patterns for you if you'd like them. You can check them out when your down next week. I'd love to do them, but they've sat in my "to sew" pile for longer than I can remember. I may as well give them to someone who might actually do something with them!